Someone asked me the other day how the Covid 19 crisis has affected my business and apart for the obvious issues such as loss of finance and cancellation of photography events and conferences around Scotland, I got to thinking. So I thought I would make a small list below:
- We have all been forced to taking nothing for granted due to this crisis. Some events such as the Edinburgh Festival have been cancelled for the first time ever and the impact on artists has been huge.
- We had had more time to explore our creative side. I have done a lot of infrared photography during this difficult time and I have added text and images to my Infrared Photography in Scotland book.
- The additional time and travel restrictions have forced us to focus on photographing our local area, I admit it is a bit easier if you live somewhere scenic like I do in Dunbar.
- We have had to re-evaluate our long term strategy and diversify into other areas. I have learned some new photography and software skills that will be useful to apply to other genres of photography.
- We have had to improve and update our social media skills to stay in touch with our clients and fellow photographers. There is no excuse for avoiding social media and it’s importance during this time can never be underestimated,
Hope that helps. There are some signs of outdoor photography events re-starting and I may have some bungee and supercar photography work soon.
All the best.