As we are in the new year, now is the time businesses in Edinburgh, Glasgow and throughout Scotland will be looking for a conference photographer in Edinburgh or anywhere in Scotland and the UK. So what will you need to consider before making this decision. What is essential for your event in Edinburgh. I thought this would be a good time to do a list of essential considerations before employing a conference photographer. So here it is.
- What type of photos do you want. I often ask clients this question first. Often they can point you in the direction of previous publications, but that sometimes is not enough and I prefer if they can give me an idea as to what they think the photography should look like. This will also include the intended purpose of the photos, ie is it for an Annual Report, website, social media or a newsletter. All these things effect the type of photos to be taken on the day.
- Once the client has decided what they want, then they need to look at the work of photographers online, or even act on a recommendation. Most of my business is return customers and referrals. I can also refer clients to my websites at www.colinwrightphotography.co.uk Corporate event and conference photographer Edinburgh, Glasgow and Scotland (colinwrightphotography.co.uk) or some example photos on this website, as shown through this link. Conference and Event Photography Edinburgh Glasgow Scotland – Colin Wright Photography (edinburghphotographer.com). Make sure you look at lots of examples of conference photographers in Scotland. Examine different styles. Consider if they have been booked for high profile events. I make sure my websites contain images from the top venues, with plenty of examples of high profile politicians on the website.
- The next area is price. How much are you willing to pay and what will you receive for this price. I have a day rate and a half day rate, which covers everything including the editing. Expenses are only required if there is an overnight stay or a lot of travel involved. The client needs to check this out.
- When do you need the photographs from your conference in Edinburgh or Glasgow. I always plan to send the conference photos within a few days. I also offer a service whereby a number of images are available immediately on the day for social media purposes. You then have to consider how you want the event photography from Scotland to be sent. Mostly this is done through a USB memory stick or a link. I offer complete flexibility with regard to the method of delivery.
- The client should also make sure they can get on well with the event photographer. Most experienced event photographers in Edinburgh and Scotland are popular because they have a good relationship with the Communication Departments of the companies they will be working for. They can work unobtrusively without disrupting the event. This is important. A good event photographer in Scotland should always be helpful and friendly, as well as efficient. So if you are looking for a conference photographer in Edinburgh, be sure to take all these things into account.
Anyway, hope you have kept your new years resolutions. Until next time.