Here are a few tips for conference photography, things that I have to consider as a professional conference and event photographer operating around Scotland.
- Make use of the lighting in the venue and remember it can change ie changing natural light from windows may effect exposure
- Bring flash but it needs to be portable, so be prepared to use it on camera
- Although you will have a brief, always keep a lookout for candid moments with the delegates and speakers
- Take notice if you think a speaker or a delegate is hinting to you that they don’t want their photo taken any more. Conference photography is about people, as well as composition and light
- Take business cards with you. You never know who may ask you for one. it could even be a delegate asking for wedding photography
More tips soon, but hope these were useful.