As a professional photographer working in and around the Edinburgh area, I obviously use certain gear for certain jobs, however recently I have been trying to get by without buying new equipment all the time. As a corporate photographer working in and around Scotland, I have to keep up my knowledge of the latest technological developments, but today I am going to give you some tips as to why you shouldn’t keep buying new gear all the time:
- Get to know the equipment you have now. Use it learn about the strengths and weaknesses of that lens. Know your DSLR inside out before you go and buy something new every year. You may not need a new camera, you may just require to get to know your old one a bit better.
- There are always new gadgets out all the time, don’t always be tempted.
- Spend the money on something more useful ie training, marketing, a weekend away shooting a new landscape etc.
- Its only going to keep increasing your insurance costs.
- Buy second hand if you must upgrade, its remarkably cheaper.