In todays blog I am going to look at event photographers in Scotland and the changing seasons and how the job differs from summer to winter.
I don’t think is always what you expect either. We could take a look at the situation for sports photographers in Scotland for instance. Rather strangely, football, or soccer as you call it in the US, is played in the winter, along with rugby.
So the event photographer in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Scotland needs plenty of winter and waterproof gear to survive and thrive. Wedding photography in Scotland is affected by the seasons, in that you are gifted with wonderful light in the summer.
This means when I photograph a wedding before November, I will probably take the majority of your photos outdoors. This is very different from the winter, when it can get dark at 4pm and nearly all your photographs are taken indoors. You will also use flash much more. So lets take a look at the top tips for changing seasons for the event and conference photographer in Edinburgh and Scotland.
Event photographer and the changing seasons.
- Wedding photography is totally different with the seasons due to the light involved. This will mean photographing more with flash indoors and with less space in the winter, so be prepared.
- Most sports have seasons, so you will be photographing rugby and football in the winter, athletics and the summer for instance. Other sports are all year round ie boxing, gymnastics, swimming.
- You will need flash and light modifiers in the winter more.
- Conference photographers in Edinburgh and Scotland are not too affected by the seasons, although, there may be more opportunities for a group shot outdoors in the summer.
- There are less weddings in the winter for obvious reasons, although here is one from my other website taken in pretty difficult conditions. You cant see it in the photo but it was very cold. Colin Wright Photography, Edinburgh and Glasgow corporate and event photographer | Wedding Photographer Edinburgh Glasgow and Scotland
These are just some of the things that change according to the seasons for your average professional photographer, so be prepared. The other one is the weather, although that can be brilliant or rubbish no matter what time of the year. This is especially true for photographers in Scotland. Here are a few wedding photos I have taken this summer, along with a few other event photography images. Corporate, Conference Wedding and Event Photography Edinburgh Glasgow Scotland – Colin Wright Photography (edinburghphotographer.com).
So hope this helps. Until next time, keep snapping.