I thought as a professional photographer operating around Edinburgh and throughout, Scotland who specialises in conferences, now would be a good time to look at how conference photography has changed with the new technology and how this has affected professional photographers. Here is a short list of new developments which have and will continue to make a difference for professional event photographers.
- Silent shutters, particularly since mirrorless cameras came onto the scene
- Smaller less obtrusive mirrorless bodies, take up less space and make life easier for photographers
- Much better focusing, with eye recognition, selective and touch screen focusing and good low light operation
- Great performance at high ISOs, thus preventing the need for flash all the time, essential when you are photographing speakers at conference events
- Improved off-camera flash systems, which are more powerful and portable
That’s a few to be starting with more later and also by the time I do my next blog, there will have been more technological developments.